Executive Assistant Training Course
This course is for people currently working as a PA, Executive PA or Executive Assistant or those who have been recently appointed. The course is accredited by the IEAA and offers a professional qualification named the IEAA Executive PA Certificate.
The course aims to provide a full understanding of how to work effectively with an Executive Manager in a modern workplace. The course is delivered in English Language in a Virtual Classroom. Executive PAs, Executive Assistants and other related administrative professionals attend this training from across the Netherlands and the rest of Europe.
Executive Assistant Training is suitable for:
This course is suitable for a variety of people such as:
- Existing administrative professionals, PAs and EAs looking to upgrade their skills and obtain CPD certification
- Experienced people from other sectors and job types looking for a career change
- Company employees looking for job-related training
The course aims to provide the student with the practical ability to perform effectively and proactively in an Executive PA or EA role. An important focus of the training is empowering delegates to work more effectively in their roles and to be able to confidently enhance their performance in their roles.
The course is live and tutor-led in a virtual classroom workshop environment. Our trainers have delivered training to a wide number of delegates from across the Netherlands and the rest of Europe.
The delivery will be a mixture of theory and related practical/interactive sessions.
- Tutor-led. An experienced trainer who has trained top EAs from across Europe in prestigious organisations.
- Training is in a Virtual Classroom to ensure that delegates from across Europe can attend.
- Internationally recognised provider
- Training is accredited by the IEAA, a professional accrediting body for Executive Assistants.
- IEAA Certification is issued upon completion.
- Greater technical competence and comprehension of the requirement of an EA
- Confidence building through the development of in-depth skills
- Understand the management process and how to perform at executive levels
- Techniques to stay ahead in your field and manage your own development
What is in the EA course?
On the Job
- Understand the terms PA, Executive PA or EA
- Effective Business Communication
- Document presentation and proofreading
- Confidence building to deal with executive-level environments
- Synchronising your role with that of your executive
- Setting priorities, managing your role/career to meet executive needs
- Delegation, multi-tasking effectively, taking initiative
- Introduction to Management theory
- Styles of management
- Context in an EA role
- Relationship with your executive/s; how can you provide effective support
- Effective communication skills
- Understanding verbal and non-verbal communication
- Different questioning styles; how to use questions effectively
- Office politics – how to handle this
- Convey points of view convincingly; influence others
- Tips on Minute Taking
- The difference between what English speakers say and what they mean
- Explanation of the role of social media in the modern executive arena
- Overview of Project Management and Event Management for EA’s
- Communicating and negotiating, win-win solutions; can be internal or external
- Human resources – EA as an interface with this function.
Developing Relationships THROUGHOUT the organisation
- Understanding how to handle stakeholders and their importance to your role
- Passive vs. aggressive vs. assertive
- Saying “no” is sometimes necessary
Your Career and the Future
- Take control of your career with a clear plan
- Build your map for the future.